Urgent Support

If you are distressed or experiencing despair, try to speak to somebody now.

  • Is there a family member or friend you could call?

  • There a neighbour who can help?

If you or anyone else is in immediate danger or harm, then please call the Police or Ambulance Service on 999.

Your GP

If you feel that you need urgent support, it is crucial that you contact the right person and that is most likely to be your GP. They will know where to get you the specialist help you need.

If your GP surgery is closed their answerphone will direct you to the right place or you can call NHS 111. Use The NHS 111 service if you urgently need medical help or advice but it is not a life threatening situation.

NHS 111


  • Medical help fast but it is not a 999 emergency

  • Think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service

  • Don’t know who to call or you don’t have a GP to call

  • Need health information or reassurance about what to do next


  • Give medical advice

  • Put you in touch with your local out-of-hours GP Services

  • Refer you to an emergency dentist

  • Put you in touch with mental health support services

  • Refer you to A&E - they can even call an ambulance for you


If you want to talk to someone about how you feel, what you’re experiencing or how to deal with someone else's behaviour, you can contact the Samaritans.

The Samaritans offer a 24-hour telephone helpline. You can also contact them via email and letter.

Tel: 116 123 (UK)
Welsh Language Line: 0808 164 0123:
Monday - 6pm - 1am
Tuesday 7pm - 11pm
Wednesday 2pm - 6pm and 7pm - 1am
Thursday 2pm - 6pm and 7pm - 1am
Friday 7pm - 1am
Saturday 7pm - 1am, Sunday 7pm - 1am


Visit MIND's 'Urgent Help' webpage for further support should you require urgent help.